Do you "warranty" your work? How do you handle it when a restoration you've provided doesn't last as long as you would have expected? Alan is joined by Jared Parente who is the CEO of a company called Dental Warranty. They are the platinum sponsor of the upcoming Voices of Dentistry meeting and they offer a product that dental offices will find intriguing!
- What is Dental Warranty?
- How does it work?
- Most dentists/patients take a warranty as "implicit." Why make it "explicit?"
- How do you know if a dentist's work is solid enough to be warrantied? Do the dentists do some kind of accreditation?
- How much does it cost? Who pays for it?
- How do claims work?
- Do you have clinical evaluators?
- What are the ethics of warranty? Can "biology" be warrantied?
Some links from the show: